Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week 14 (Post 2) FA 333 Project 5

The final project for Video & Sound class is to create three, one-minute abstract videos of three different truths. The task itself doesn't seem hard, but trying to take an idea and making it abstract is the hardest part. The video itself cannot contain any copyright music, however my idea requires me to include a small snippet of a song. The truths I have chosen include "It's easy to hate on something you know nothing about", "It is amazing to see the lengths people go through to annoy others", and "Days would be easier if they would just happen later" I have ideas for the first two truths, but am still stumped on the last. My idea for the first truth is to film me being bored and reviewing different anime I could watch. Then cut to a a bad version of the opening song (which is the small copyright snippet) following another cut to me cringing then showing my laptop screen in which the anime is on my dropped list having not watched any episodes at all. I feel it is representational, however upon talking to a few friends and colleagues, they believe it is abstract since I am only implying the truth and not simply stating them. My idea for the second truth is to incorporate memes that annoy people. I wan to make these videos funny, but the abstract portion is what throws me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment