Monday, February 23, 2015
Week 5 (Post 1) Chapter 1 and Intro - New Media In Art
The intro of New Media in Art is a general introduction of video and film and how it came to be and grew into a contemporary art. Chapter 1 starts out by discussing the growth of performance art. This development began around the 1950s and 60s and grew into a big industry starting in New York. Performances were done at churches regularly and eventually grew into theatre. This would eventually grow into film and video which is the modern ages' most popular form of performance art, be it animation with voice over or literal acting from a performer in front of a camera on a set. The chapter goes on further to discuss choreographers and their importance to a performer's performance as well as sets and costumes. I am extremely happy and thankful for the development of performance art as I am an actor and singer and have performed before in front of an audience. It is my passion and I get chills and thrills whenever I do so. Recording on a microphone for animations and games is especially fun for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment