Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 10 (Post 2) 2 more Voice Roles

On March 14th, I received two emails from two different casting directors. They had both informed me that I was to be cast in their original works in which I beat out 50+ auditions for one project and 90+ auditions for the other project. The first email was for an original animation called Tokyo Magic Star. The animations started out as a joke, but eventually grew into something serious with dark themes such as depression, starvation, low self-esteem and etc. After the animation became serious, the creator decided to look for voice actors to fill in some of the parts as she felt she was not diverse enough to do the characters justice. I auditioned for the part of K aka Satan. It was a surprise being cast for this role as I didn't think I sounded evil enough, but according to the creator, she was impressed to the point her jaw dropped. The second email was for a fan game based on a real game called Danganronpa. The only difference is that the characters and story were all originally made by the director herself. The fan game is about 16 high schoolers who are invited to a high class high school called Hope's Peak Academy because of their insane talent in their respective fields. The twist is that they are all trapped in the school and find that they must kill each other to get out. I was cast as the Ultimate Chemist named Kevin Cosmos. Kevin is anti-social and is apathetic in nature much like my first character, Jet, however, he has a side to him that is apparently cute. He thinks he's funny and is often seen laughing at his own jokes. I am pleased to be a part of these projects and will be receiving scrips for both projects sometime in April or May.

No comments:

Post a Comment