Monday, April 13, 2015
Week 9 (Post 2) FA 333 Project 3
For project 3 in video and sound class, we were to create a music video of any song using footage we shoot. Grading for the project would be based on the complexity of editing. The song I chose was Secrets by Mary Lambert. I thought to myself about how I could shoot for this project and realized most people would probably try to shoot footage that included lip synching of some sort. I decided that my footage would instead be scenes that reflected the lyrics. By doing so, I thought it would make my project more unique. I did all my shooting during Spring Break which took me about 6 hours in total in one day. During the shooting, I took multiple shots in order to give me variety. The editing I did took place after Spring Break which took me another 3 hours.The video was a success with the class in which it took 3rd place after a voting process to see which video was liked the best. The lyrics and scenes were aimed at the general public and basically told people to be themselves and not care about what anyone else thinks. In my video, my girlfriend is seen writing out traits she didn't like about herself and eventually crumpling the paper up which reflected the main theme of the song. Through the rest of the video, she is seen playing video games, watching anime and in general, having fun and being herself. This project was a challenge as it tested both my shooting and editing skills. Video projects are always tough, however, they are also tough. I look forward to the documentary we will be doing next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment